Re: Jim Beam whiskey shipments

al whitecar

the question I have was there a freight car with either Jim Beam advertising on the car or the car was specific to Jim Beam  shipping
Al Whitecar

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:01 AM, "Rod Miller rod@... [STMFC]" wrote:

On 5/14/14, 6:12 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] wrote:
> During the period you mention the only two counties in Tennessee where it was
> legal to distill spirits were Moore and Coffee. I grew up in Coffee where
> Dickle (sp? ) was revived in the late 50's early 60's. Tullahoma, the town I
> grew up in, was on the NC&StL. I am not sure if Moore County was served by
> rail. I have a very nice photo from the L&N Archives of one of the L&N's
> Pratt trussed SS box cars with the door open revealing a load of barrels,
> which I assume was destined for one of the many distilleries in Kentucky.
> Tennessee Central would not have served Tennessee distilleries.
>
> As an aside, my family's male & female Airdales lived in two used charcoal
> lined Jack Daniels barrels that my father purchased in Lynchburg as the
> barrels could only be used once.
>

> Bill Welch

I recall a show on the Discovery channel about whiskys.
Discussing Jack Daniels, the show pointed out that the
distillery just distilled, and the resultant product
was transported elsewhere, possibly by a STMFC, and possibly
out of state for aging. Don't recall where the bottling
was done. Jim Beam may have done the same if the reason
was local laws.
--
Rod Miller
Handcraftsman