Re: Needle in a Haystack

Tim O'Connor

Heh heh heh -- how much of a reward?? I have two photos...

Tim "finally a hobby payday!" O'Connor

I recently learned of a little shortline in Jerseyville, Illinois called the Jerseyville & Eastern. Sometime between the Jan 1957 and Jan 1958 issues of the ORER, they acquired 3, 40 ton steel box cars. The IL was 40'-6, IH was 9'-0, and they had 6' doors. Reporting marks were "JE" and were numbered 100-102. It is not known if these were purchased second hand.

Any help with info would be appreciated, and a photo would be handsomely rewarded.

gary roe
quincy, illinois