Subject: [STMFC] Are conductor's lists of interest?
To: "STMFC@..." <STMFC@...>
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2014, 6:28 PM

I have a cache of conductor train books from
the Southern Railway Winston Salem Division spanning
1923-1934.  I have waffled between scanning and
translating the contents into Excel spreadsheets. One reason
I joined this list is to learn more about cars of this era
in order to model one of these trains. These lists cover
specific crew, locomotive, cars by road, cargo (type, tons,
and destination city), cab, and travel time.
I just wonder how common such info is among
historians, and is the info worth the effort to convert to
an electronic format? If so, which is more
useful?
At some point, I'll donate to the proper
archive. For now, they are just fun to peruse and inspire my
modeling. Would anyone here care for this info?
Dave

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone