Re: Sunshine Response to Request for Replacement of Wrong Parts in Three Kits

Nelson Moyer <ku0a@...>

Bill,

The three ‘proper’ and the three ‘defectives’ are trimmed and sanded, but unbuilt. I considered the possibility of casting the needed sides and roofs, but the expense of buying the casting supplies put me off. The local MRC has casting supplies that I may be able to leverage; I haven’t inquired yet. Please put me in touch with the “Resin Casting Calvery” so we can explore the options.

Nelson Moyer

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 4:24 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Sunshine Response to Request for Replacement of Wrong Parts in Three Kits

Nelson, I hear your disappointment and frustration. When Martin died last year, the manufacturing capability of Sunshine died with him. Any kits Sunshine was able to sell after his death came from what was on hand. It sound like the kits you need replacement parts for are the Wartime Built BRE cars, the patterns for which I did several years ago. If you still have an unbuilt kit, the "Resin Casting Calvary" may be able to help you. If not, perhaps someone on this list has an unbuilt kit they would be willing to loan you to be copied.

Bill Welch

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4592 / Virus Database: 3950/7549 - Release Date: 05/23/14

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.