From: "David Bott dbott@... [STMFC]"
To: "STMFC@..."
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:28 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Are conductor's lists of interest?

I have a cache of conductor train books from the Southern Railway Winston Salem Division spanning 1923-1934.  I have waffled between scanning and translating the contents into Excel spreadsheets. One reason I joined this list is to learn more about cars of this era in order to model one of these trains. These lists cover specific crew, locomotive, cars by road, cargo (type, tons, and destination city), cab, and travel time.

I just wonder how common such info is among historians, and is the info worth the effort to convert to an electronic format? If so, which is more useful?

At some point, I'll donate to the proper archive. For now, they are just fun to peruse and inspire my modeling. Would anyone here care for this info?

Dave

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone