Re: open car loads (pipe sections with flared ends)

Richard Brennan <brennan8@...>

At 11:03 AM 5/26/2014, John Barry northbaylines@... [STMFC] wrote:
Thanks for the general link. The finding aid indicates several additional off line loaded freight cars and a series of photos of "Loading crane broken through dock of Pittsburg, Calif. Santa Fe R.R. crane leased for recovery." I wonder if they show the idler flat/boom car?
John

Per the link:
http://pdf.oac.cdlib.org/pdf/berkeley/bancroft/p1905_11964_cubanc.pdf
The OAC images are the tip of the iceberg. It appears that only 41 of the 247 photos are digitized...

Of specific note are un-digitized images #121 - #143... Your answer might be in:
:142 [Wharf scene, with loading crane and lumber car.]
:143 [Wharf scene, with loading crane and ship.]

There are also a large number of "Yard Scene" (lumber or railroad?) and "Wharf" photos... plus;
:62 [Pipe loaded on railway cars.]
:63 [Pipe loaded on railway cars.]
:64 [Pipe being loaded by crane.]
:65 [Pipe on railway car.]
:66 [Pipe stack.]
:67 [Pipe loaded on railway car.]

Makes one itch for a re-visit to the UC Bancroft Library!
I hope that these would be in better condition than the remnants of the Roy Graves collection.

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA