Re: Running Board Overhang Length

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

How much would a Duryea Cushion Underframe add to the length of a car? I know the Santa Fe had some boxcars with these. I'm looking photos of some Duryea-equipped D&RGW 68000 and 67500 boxcars in Jim Eager's Color Guide, and the running board certainly does extend a bit further than most other boxcars. Hmmm. I didn't notice this before, and so my model of a 67500 series car is wrong.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 5/29/14 4:29 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

Elden

Yes that's a good point, these were all Shock Control cars.

Tim O'Connor