From: 'Eric Neubauer' eaneubauer@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, May 30, 2014 4:43 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Boxcars In Grain Service

Circa 1960, a grain car would typically have been 3,000 to 3.500 cubic feet and 70-ton. When you see cars of this size and 90-ton, they'd generally be intended for some sort of mineral service. As others have said, about 2,000 c.f. and 70-ton is typical for cement.

Eric N.
*What kind of cars transported grain when the change over came? (Covered hoppers, sure, but which type?)