Re: X29 ends - PMM

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

For me, it was the multi-installment series on PRR hoppers done by John Teichmoeller in, I believe, RMJ. I never knew such a quantity of information of cars could be amassed!

-  Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] X29 ends - PMM

For me the seminal modeling projects were Gibb Kennedy’s Kettle Valley passenger cars and John Chapp’s B&LE Pressed Steel hopper. – Al Westerfield

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 4:30 AM

I don't believe that John Nehrich and the RPI group get nearly enough credit for the ,"Great Awakening".Armand Premo
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:19 PM

I find the emergence of interest in prototype freight cars in the model railroading hobby interesting.  I came to the topic much later than many here, but can retrace the developing interest through certain key articles. 

I think the interesting bit to me is that I had not heard of James Lane’s articles, nor those of  Gary Rausch and Bob Johnson or Amerine until this discussion in this list.    Each of those was published in a journal that was unknown to me back in the 1970s.  I spent a few years there colleting back issue of MR and RMC, but that still didn’t give me awareness of other periodicals.  In fact, I’m not sure when I first became aware of historical societies with publications – but it would have been in the 1980s. 

It makes me think just how much easier it is to discovery these things today.  

Rob Kirkham

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4592 / Virus Database: 3955/7622 - Release Date: 06/04/14

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.