Re: Influences

albyrno

  At a time when we were not spoiled by availability and existence of model railroad rolling stock,locomotives,structures,bridges,track etc. as we are today,a man named John Allen showed us that these items could be built inspiring modelers to higher standards .They may not have all been proto typically accurate but neither is a lot of RTR stuff today which we have to modify depending on how much of a stickler we are about prototype accuracy.
  He was a major influence in modeling methods and skills,he gave me the inspiration to start hand-laying track due to cost and appearance of commercial track available,also kit and scratch building.

   Alan