Re: FGE family steam era reefers

Scott H. Haycock

As an Addendum:
Yahoo decided not  to show the Post I was replying to. For the record, it was a post by Bill Welch, # 124415, dated April 26.

Scott Haycock
ent

I apologize for this late reply, but this thread fizzled while I wasn't looking!

While several theories have been presented about why these roofs would have had an overlay of wood, one idea was not brought up, and that is the insulation value of a wood roof, exposed to the sun, versus a metal roof. Considering these were ice reefers, mightn't that have been a factor?

Scott Haycock