Tropicana in the 1950s

Craig Zeni

Is there any evidence that prior to their insulated/mechanical cars of the late 1960s that Trop used ice reefers? Bill Welch indicated to me that he thought Trop used FGEX cars; a friend in Lakeland FL thinks he recalls seeing orange cars with Tropic Anna on them in the 50s. It's alluded to in the Wikipedia article (duly taken with a grain of rock salt) that some concentrate was shipped by rail in the 50s (and 60s) but I'm trying to establish if there were Trop-painted cars prior to the mechanicals later of Juice Train fame.

Thanks,

Craig Zeni
Cary NC