Re: FW: (erielack) Steamtown Images--June 21, 2014 (C4646 thru C4650)

Guy Wilber

Charlie wrote:

"There is some mystery there. Why would a car load of grain or whatever be
at this street side team track and have a professional photographer there to
take multiple photos of the event?"

Charlie,

I doubt that we will ever know a 100% accurate answer, but I would guess there is something going on that relates to a claim against the railroad(s) involved with moving a load of grain.  It may have something to do with the damage to the end of the car which may have caused the loss of grain.  That may be why the upper grain door was able to be removed without causing a good amount to flow onto the ground.   It was also not uncommon for a buyer to take samples of the grain, but they wouldn't have needed to remove the upper grain door in order to access the load.

Regards,

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada