more freight cars from the far past

Schuyler Larrabee

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-06-24-14/C4664.jpg

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-06-24-14/C4665.jpg

Bob Bahrs, one of the erielack experts (principally on the DL&W) provides these notes:

C4664 & C4665 Mr Bunnell has moved seven miles east to a little east of

Johnson City, NY at MP 193.   C4664  looks east and C4665 looks west.

This of course is still in the

area where the Erie and Lackawanna were right alongside each other.

The photo is on the Lackawanna tracks, and the train of freight cars adjacent is on the ERIE.  You freightcarologists will be kicking yourselves that you cannot walk along the line photographing each and every one of those cars.  Maybe in particular “Atlantic Coast Despatch” ACL 23215.  I know I am.

Schuyler