Re: Southern Car & Foundry

Eric Neubauer <eaneubauer@...>

Yes, I had. It is consistent with various notes I found in trade publications with one importat addition. The USRS Anniston plant became part of SC&F during 1899 meaning that SC&F quicky gained control of all Southern car builders, not just all except one.

Eric, very likely you have seen this link, but just in case here it is. Doesn't mention PSC but is generally along the lines of your outline and has references

http://www.midcontinent.org/rollingstock/builders/southerncarfoundry.htm

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM, 'Eric Neubauer' eaneubauer@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

It just hit me. Circumstantial evidence suggests that Southern Car & Foundry (1988-1904) was controlled by the same interests as Pressed Steel Car. Has anyone else come to this conclusion? Their Memphis plant apparently went to ACF and their Lenoir plant to Southern Railway. In 2-02, SC&F was building a new plant in Alabama to manufacture pressed steel cars which now makes complete sense

Eric.