Re: Erie 1940s & 1950s Boxcar Painting

Schuyler Larrabee

That is correct on both counts.  After’46, the ERIE seemed to chase down all the small diamond cars and repaint them, in some cases repainting ONLY the diamond.  There are photos of small-diamonded house cars after, say, 1948, but not very many.

Schuyler

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:21 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Erie 1940s & 1950s Boxcar Painting

P.S.  I forgot to mention, I have a lettering diagram for Erie Auto Box cars which shows the change to the yellow diamond on 1/17/1944 and the change to the white 6' diamond on 12/17/1946 (diagram 152-12-368).  I would assume that the change occurred for the regular boxcars around the same dates.

-- John