Re: Erie 1940s & 1950s Boxcar Painting

Schuyler Larrabee

I don’t know if there is an EL group, an Erie Lackawanna group on Yahoo.  Probably, given the vast array of groups out there.  But what I suggested to John is that he might want to be on the “erieclack” list, which is NOT a Yahoo list.  It’s hosted by Railfan.net.  it is a less-rigorously managed list than the STMFC (no complaints, Mike!) and covers ERIE, DL&W and EL.  There’s a tilt toward EL, but as I said to John, I have a delete key.  it’s moderately active, probably 20 posts per day.  It’s the source of the daily 5-shots of DL&W historical photos that I have, from time to time, forwarded links for when there is steam era freight equipment in the pictures.  To subscribe:

Subscribing to the list is easy! Simply send an E-mail to majordomo@..., and in the BODY of the message, type in:

subscribe erielack yourname@...

Schuyler

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:16 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Erie 1940s & 1950s Boxcar Painting

A little clarification.

Schuyler e-mailed me and asked what I meant by the moribund Erie group.  Apparently there are two groups here, the one I belong to is the Erie Railroad Collector and Modeler group.  Is there also an EL group here???  I think I didn't join that one because I am not very interested in the Erie after the 1960 merger.  I think that was the death knell for the Erie and just postponed its demise until CONRAIL adsorbed the EL.  I say this in spite of the fact that one of my uncles worked for the Erie and one for the Lackawanna, so when the merger occurred it gave me the opportunity for a cab ride (I blew the horn for the grade crossings) at the age of 12, circa 1961 or so.

-- John

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.