From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:40 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [STMFC] Hand Brake Display

I've posted some photos in an album name Hand Brake Display of the hand brake display in the Harvey House Museum in Belen, New Mexico. It will be on display through July 6. Those on display are less than half of my total collection.

It had been my intention to sand blast and paint all in bright colors but the museum's display guru wanted some in "as is" condition. More to the point, I ran out of time. Don't freak out about sand blasting. All the brakes except two were defective when I got them. I've restored a couple to working order including the Ajax 14665-1 which is gratifying loud when children spin the hand wheel to apply.

This might be the first such display of freight car hand brakes. Does anyone know of something similar previous to this.

Gene Green

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE