From: westerfieldalfred@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Tue, Jul 1, 2014 11:00 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Richard Hendrickson

Shocking news.  Richard just ask to friend me on my new Facebook page.  He wrote of his future plans on his.  He was the finest freight car historian in America, perhaps the world.  He cannot be replaced.  My deepest sympathies to Sandra. – Al Westerfield

Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:22 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Richard Hendrickson

I have just heard the terribly sad news that Richard died in a fall a couple of days ago. I don't know any details. Richard was a marvelously well-informed historian and modeler, and always very generous with his time and information to anyone who needed help. An awful lot of us will miss him greatly.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history