Re: Richard Hendrickson

Thomas Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Reading Tony's post regarding the passing of Richard is most
distressing. We have lost a great historian and friend. He was
always generous with his time and knowledge of freight cars, always
willing to help those of us who needed assistance, not expecting
anything in return. His articles and books on freight cars and
railroad history, especially that of the Santa Fe, and his advocacy in
setting the standards for prototype modeling will be his legacy.

All of us will sorely miss seeing him at Lisle, Cocoa Beach and other
RPMs. We will miss his talks and his stories and humor. Rest in
Peace, Richard! My most sincere condolences to Sandra and his family!

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292
tmolsen@udel.edu

On 7/2/14, David Sieber ealabhan0@live.com [STMFC]
<STMFC@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Friends,
I am stunned and immensely saddened by this news. Richard has been an
inspiration to me for decades, since the early days of Prototype Modeler and
his WestRail conversion kits. We have lost a pioneer of the prototype
modeling movement, a highly knowledgeable and respected historian and
modeler, and a true gentleman who was quick to share his expertise and
extensive prototype resources with others. He will be missed by the many
who got to know him through RPM meets, his many articles and other
publications, and Yahoo groups. My sincere condolences to Sandra, and to
those friends and colleagues who've enjoyed a long and close association
with him.
Dave Sieber, Reno NV