Re: Richard Hendrickson

Andy Harman

Richard was a larger than life figure in prototype modeling, not just in his modeling, articles, books, and clinics but in his passion for the prototype modeling concept and spreading the gospel to the like-minded everywhere. I'm privileged to have known him, worked with him promoting RPM and RPM meets, as well as debating him - as anyone who ever had cause knows he was a formidable opponent with words. I probably met Richard at the 1995 or 96 Naperville meet, but my first real dealing with him was at the legendary Burger King Summit of March, 1997. Those who were there remember. It came about from my beleaguered attempt to "organize" RPM. Whether it had any impact or not will never be known, but Richard participated and gave his blessing and today there are independent RPM meets all over the U.S. and Canada, too many for one person to attend all of them. This is Richard's legacy that I hope will continue to thrive, along with his other works.

Andy