Re: Richard Hendrickson

Dick Harley

How terribly sad.

I was with Dave Hussey at those 1980's Huntington Beach, CA modeling meets when we met Richard. His WestRail kits (along with Tony's RMC articles) started me down the path of researching PFE reefers. He helped me a lot. As others have said, it was always good to see him.

In addition to his enormous influence on standard gauge prototype railroad modeling, I hope his legacy will include setting the standard and prompting others to share the information they have.

Though a significant and premature loss, we are privileged to have known and been influenced by Richard.

Condolences to his family and close friends.

Dick Harley
Laguna Beach, CA