Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Sunshine Kits Price Bubble?

My dad once explained to me that this was known to economists as "the bigger fool therory of pricing" .  In other words, who's the bigger fool; the one asking the price, or the one paying it?  That ATSF MOW set, certain Santa Fe reefers & vinegar tank cars seem to be particulally prone to this problem.   Almost make you wish you modeled in N scale, maybe.

As the price of these things keeps rising, I can only wonder when something has got to give and this product line becomes available again someway.  Hopefully priced between "that's a lot but" and "you've got to be kidding".

Tom (no offence meant to N scalers) Casey
At 08:20 AM 7/3/2014 -0500, you wrote:

>$1600 for a for 8 car set

Asking isn't getting. A lot of ebay sellers will see an item get bid up to
X dollars, think they have a gold mine, and list theirs for X + 50%
buy-it-now. They usually end up disappointed. Not to say that Sunshine
and other discontinued resin kits can't easily bring low 3 figures. I sold
some of mine and they did well, most amazingly were the Naperville mini-kits.

I still have some Sunshine kits for cars I felt I could justify for my
era. One I started years ago was a Santa Fe 50' gondola. Maybe time to
get it out again if I can clear half a square foot on the glass bench top.

Andy