Re: Richard Hendrickson

Scott Pitzer

When that familiar nostalgia question shows up: "Do you remember being EXCITED to go to the mailbox?" I think of all the freight car questions RHH answered for me, often with photos included.
I met him at one of those Huntington Beach church, Santa Fe annual conventions.
I was so addicted to his magazine articles that when he announced his retirement from teaching, all I could think of was "Maybe TWICE as many articles will be published now?!?!"
The word "shocked" has been used, understandably, many times in theĀ
past two days, but some years ago it came to my mind (as it might for, say, an older relative)... "He's not going to be around forever, and that'll be hard..."
Scott Pitzer