Re: ATSF "B" End of FE-22 Autocars

Thomas Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Tim and Rich,

Many thanks for the help in regard to the "B" end of the ATSF FE-22.
John Johnson is in the process of building the F22 and since he does
not have internet access, I was asking for him.
Thanks to your information, I will copy the photo and forward it to
him so that he can complete the car.

Best regards,

Tom Olsen

On 7/2/14, Rich C rhcdmc@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:
Tom, Owning 2 Sunshine mini-kits, the Fe-22 and Fe-23 have the same ends.
The Fe-24 has the 1937 ends, the 22/23 have the squashed Dreadnaughts.

Rich Christie

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:53 PM, "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@...
[STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Tom I have a photo but it's from an oblique angle. I don't know how
much you can discern from it.

Tim O'

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of a Santa Fe FE-22 double
door box car. Photos of the "A" end with the end door are in the
books, but no "B" end. There are photos of the "B " of the FE-23 and
FE-24 in the Santa Fe publication " Furniture and Automobile Box Cars"
which Richard Hendrickson had authored. Apparently at the time of
publication, Richard did not have a photo of the "B" end available
either.

I have searched through all the Warbonnets and its' predecessor, the
Santa Fe Modeler with no luck there either. Can anyone tell me if the
"B" end of the FE-22 (ribs, brake gear, ladders and grab irons) are
the same as that of the FE-23 and Fe-24?

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7476

(302) 738-4292