Re: Indented Murphy 2, 6 on top of Dreadnaught end boxcar

Rob Adams

Gary;

In viewing the video, I'm convinced that the Dreadnaught end panel is actually the gondola that is coupled next to the box car (i.e. the foreground).

Regards,

Rob Adams

On 7/10/14, 6:36 PM, 'gary laakso' vasa0vasa@... [STMFC] wrote:

The picture of the B end of this boxcar is at 17:44 into the Great Northern movie “Why Risky Your Life” found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpayZ2JqlU

Using my wonderful Dell, I cannot read the end markings of this car nor have I seen a combination Dreadnaught and Murphy indented boxcar end before.  It would certainly make for an interesting model.

Any ideas on the pedigree of this car?  It’s a rebuilt car as you can see by the extra width of the car end.

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock