Re: Basic Boxcar Decals

Andy Sperandeo

It's been years since I visited MicroScale, but when I was there they were creating artwork by flattening prototype photos on a computer screen, enlarging the image to show the lettering close up, and tracing around the lettering. They were producing letters and numerals as close as possible to what was painted on the prototype, and using that art to make the silk screens that printed the decals. They probably have newer technology now, but as far as I know they have the same objective. That's why they look for prototype photos for any lettering or paint scheme they want to produce.

So long,

Andy