From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, July 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [STMFC] NTS Walthers head scratcher?

Actually the link you provided is a pre-war “ARA” maybe based on the old TM
X29. My point is why do a high priced low detail car when Branchline (better
detail) and Accurail (better economy) are out there. There is still an
opportunity to do a postwar car if you pick a welded car or early PS-1 for
instance.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga, NY

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, July 18, 2014 at 10:53 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] NTS Walthers head scratcher?

Walthers is reportedly doing the following:
Association of American Railroads 40-foot 1944 boxcar. Pre-production
concept art shown. Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe; Baltimore & Ohio; Canadian
National; Canadian Pacific; New York Central; and Northern Pacific. Two road
numbers per scheme; also available undecorated. All-new model with 4-4
improved dreadnaught ends, 6-foot Youngstown doors, Murphy panel roof,
10¹-6² interior door height, AAR (tab) side sills, 33² metal wheelsets, and
Proto-Max couplers. $24.98. January 2015. Ready-to-run. Walthers Mainline.
Wm. K. Walthers Inc., 414-527-0770

Why would they do this when there are HUNDREDS of Branchline kits still out
there for less than the price. Also, says this will be a Mainline car which
would have cast on details so they would be competing with Accurail.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga, NY