Re: PAINT MIX

Allan Smith

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia Vol#3 on page 37 has a very good paint color match to Railroad colors using Floquil Scalecoat Accu paint mixes. The chart includes Red Oxides Red browns & Browns. This has been a good starting point for the colors I have mixed up for my fleet.  I have 18 Colors of BCR that I have painted onto a sheet of Evergreen plastic that I use to match existing model paint. The RPC V3 is still available at many shops and on their website.
Al Smith

On Friday, July 18, 2014 11:52 AM, "WILLIAM PARDIE PARDIEW001@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Along with the advencement of proper trucks and RUNNING BOARDS in our hobby is the quality of
many of the offerings of Intermountain and Red Caboose cars. With the exception of some of the
Oxide Red cars most of the Freight Car Red cars seem to have a very uniform shade of BCR. Detailing
the prepainted cars brings up the problem of matgching the color. Has anyone come up with a paint mix
that closely matches this color? Floquil would be acceptable as I have a fairly large stash.

As usual "Thanks in advance":

Bill Pardie