Re: SANTA FE FREIGHT CAR HARDWARE

Jack Burgess <jack@...>

If it is a defect card holder, Free State Systems has some in photo-etched
brass:

http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/modeling/new%20products/freest/carcut-rte
crdmain.html

Jack Burgess

<
<
<There is a piece of hardware on Santa F freight cars that has rarely
<been modeled.
<It appears on the right side of the car (facing the B end) and just
<above the left truck.
<This is used on SF freight equipment from boxcars to gondolas. I think
<that it might be a defective card holder. It has a flange on the sides
<with a rivit for attachment.
<The front is sloped with a notch on the bottom. It appears to be about
<4 X6 inches and appears best on refers as it is painted black like the
<rest of the hardware.
<
<Does anyone know if a casting was ever produced for this item? It is
<easy to produce, however, I have many cars.
<
<Bill Pardie
<
<------------------------------------