Re: SANTA FE FREIGHT CAR HARDWARE

Andy Sperandeo

Hi Ben,

I think there would be a market for a Royal Type F brake regulator. I've been representing them on cars with a method Richard Hendrickson showed in some of his articles and his Westrail instructions, using strips of styrene 1x2 and 2x2, leaving a slot to support the secondary brake lever. This represents the part in silhouette, but doesn't really model its details. It wortks with Richard's philosophy of only being concerned with details seen when a car is on the track. I'd post a photo but I don't think I've ever shot a closeup showing it.

So long,

Andy