Re: Sharon Couplers

Bruce Smith

Eric,

A few steam era examples of drawbar connected cars other than steam locos and their tenders include early FT A&B units and paired Baldwin Centipedes on the PRR.  There were also some cars that were drawbar connected prior to 1960.  Note that term drawbar really means the part connected to the car, thus the coupler has a drawbar and of course we refer to drawbar horsepower for locos.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

                           __

  On Jul 28, 2014, at 10:04 AM, 'Eric Neubauer' eaneubauer@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

At least in today's world, that would be confusing. "Drawbar connected" is used to denote individual cars connected with a solid bar rather than couplers. Hence a drawbar is very different from a coupler. I can't think of any pre-1960 examples of this except for a locomotive and tender, but perhaps there were some.

Eric N.