Re: CP CAR #346559 - HANDHOLDS INCORRECTLY PLACED

Michael Watnoski

Greetings,

    I think there was also a requirement that they should be evenly spaced.

Michael

On 7/29/2014 4:40 PM, destorzek@... [STMFC] wrote:
"

Was this within the standards set at the time of these 1924 photographs?"

I crafted my answer from the ARA Safety Appliance drawings in the 1922 CBC; the last update mentioned in the text was Dec. 8, 1920. Of course, this is just my opinion as to what items are not in compliance, just as the photo was likely taken to document the PRR's opinion of what wasn't in compliance.

I wonder If the photo was in response to an injury investigation, or if the PRR had refused the car and the shipper was complaining?

Dennis