Re: Intermountain Kits-sporadic availability

Armand Premo

    Fenton,Been there,done that.I will just have to stick to resin kits and forget about both Intermountain and Red Caboose.Tru Color is basiclly the old  Accupaint.I too have had mixed results with Acrylic paints.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2014 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Intermountain Kits-sporadic availability

I'm a lacquer or enamel user, that is for air brushing.  I've tried the water based paints and I will brush them but I haven't liked the results from spraying them.  Mostly Scale Coat II now but I have managed to squirrel away lots of Floquil.  I'll probably have some when they take me to the nursing home.
I agree on the decals.  What I have found however is that if you can do the research, lettering diagrams, copies of the art work from the RR files and photos some of the decal companies will work these for you.  Being a SR fan Hubert Mask at Mask Island has been very easy to work with and has done several of 1930's - 1950's SR decals that are very nice and weren't available before.  So get the info, photos and find a decal printer who will work with you, you may be surprised.
Good Luck
Fenton

That sounds great Fenton until you start looking for specific decals.You may have to rely on custom made (and I have done that ).Now, what do you use for paint,and matching paint? Armand Premo