actually the rights for champ's business is held
by portland car & foundry in portland oregon
mel perry

On Aug 5, 2014, at 12:34 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI bpehni@... [STMFC] wrote:

Not only that, but Camp is defunct as a business. No one picked up their
line, unlike, say, copying Herald King.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Custom Decals

Technically true, and equally true, I really don't care. If it's for
my use, and they don't make them anymore, let them try to make a case.
Similar arguments have been made against resin kit makers -- In case
you had not noticed, many resin kit masters include copied parts from
plastic kits. No lawsuits yet, to my knowledge.

Tim O'

>Technically, that would be a violation of the copyright of Champ, Walthers or
whomever created the decal being copied.

>If you can find out who owns the copyright, they might be willing to grant you
permission to make a reasonable number for personal use.