Re: Demise of RMC?

Thomas Baker

Although I had no idea of failed payments to authors and photographers, I have wondered what is happening at RMC. First we lose Mainline Modeler and now maybe RMC. I haven't figured out what exactly causes the muted draw Model Railroader has for me, but its draw is definitely muted. The series of articles by Ted Culotta and Clark Probst were really a big draw for me, and I don't even model in HO, but in S. I saw the material on S in the June issue a bit in the way of filler but still helpful. I hope we do not lose RMC, but I cannot halt the forward and inexorable march of demographics.
Tom Baker

*Looking through the June issue of RMC which finally arrived, there is an informative prototype article on The Great Northern� s Plywood Boxcars by Steffan Ehnbom, Scott Lupia�s beautiful modeling of a SCL E7B, as well as Bill�s overview of the Valley Forge RPM Meet in March which I think will be of interest to many in the group. *

*I�ve heard their story that it was at the printers who was is in the process of moving, but I�ve also gotten emails that Carsten�s failed to pay taxes, make payroll and that it�s been for sale. What I do know is that I haven�t even received a token pay! ment for my last 3 articles in RMC or for the cover photo of the August 2013 RMC, and I know I�m not alone in that category. Henry has refused to even return my phone calls or answer my emails for over a year. *

*Unfortunately if RMC fails I think the loss will be particularly felt by this group. The dedicated staff has consistently provided detailed articles on almost every industry associated with railroads during the steam era, as well as in-depth construction articles by talented authors on every type of rolling stock which have been an inspiration for me. I hope to see them continue, but it�s certainly not looking very promising.*

*Chuck Davis*

*Norfolk VA*

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.