Re: Demise of RMC?

A&Y Dave in MD

I don't think it is necessarily demographics, but the rise of mobile technology. MRH has grown considerably and has a higher readership than RMC. Older demographics may not like the medium as much, but there are readers of some demographic, and steam era content, at MRH. And blogs and websites and lists are likely replacing or picking up the readers dropping RMC. I guess that is a demographic march of a different kind.

I'm convinced the hobby is changing in many respects, some of which make me uncomfortable or require adjustment in my habits and expectations, but others have made me happy or even more comfortable in the hobby. I don't feel like playing taps, but I do have to change the tune...

I'd rather have access to the info that my pad, digital camera, and the internet have given me and lose a printed magazine, than keep the printed magazine and not have had the other changes.

Dave

On Aug 7, 2014, at 10:41 PM, "Tom Baker bakert@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:
I hope we do not lose RMC, but I cannot halt the forward and inexorable
march of demographics.
Tom Baker