From: "Era Freight cars, Steam" <STMFC@...>
To: "Era Freight cars, Steam"
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 10:04:16 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Demise of RMC?

List,

I am not privy to the financial dealings of RMC, however, as a past
author of a number of articles in the magazine, I can attest to the
fact that RMC is slow to unresponsive in paying authors. I have
discussed this with several others who have had their articles
published, so my experience is not an isolated occurrence. This is
not a recent trend, but has been going on for many years.

That said, I think RMC provides very interesting articles, many great
modeling articles, and is by far my favorite among the general model
railroad monthly magazines. I don't even know why I still subscribe
to Model Railroader, who just recycles old articles every few
years. If RMC goes under, I will miss it.

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM