Re: NC&STL HM 32 rebuilds

Allan Smith

There is an article in July 1990 Mainline Modeler covering these very cars. Also there is a picture in SEFCRM vol 1page 83.

Al Smith

On Monday, August 18, 2014 6:26 PM, "pburr47@... [STMFC]" wrote:

How's *that* for esoterica ? ;-) I've had the great good fortune to land a copy of FREIGHT CARS JOURNAL No. 63, which covers the NC&STL. In it, I discovered three pictures of cars from class HM 32 (though one car is marked HM only) showing the unusual, apparently home brewed car ends used in the early 1940's rebuilds of these cars. Suddenly bit with a grave case of the STMFC/RPM bug, I'm hoping to find out more information about these cars. Any help with more photos and suggestions for where to begin modeling these (apparently) unique car ends, etc. will be much appreciated! Thanks! Peter Burr Nashville