Re: Intermountain kits

Richard Hendrickson

Intermountain does really well with sticking with the right paint schemes
on the right cars. But does anyone know of any ART cars leased to Royal
(with the big placard on the side) that were NOT belt-rail cars?
I've seen only two photos of ART crs in this scheme, and both were
belt-rail cars (i.e.,postwar cars with improved Dreadnauight ends and
horizontal rivet seams in the middle of the side sheathing).

Also, I have in my notes that all the Central's USRA composite gons
had been rebuilt to steel by '37. But supposedly they switched from black
to box car red for their open top cars in '41, so I'm thinking the
Intermountain NYC gon in box car red is wrong (?) - John
Correct on all counts, John. To the best of my knowledge, the Central's
USRA gons were never painted mineral red.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520