Re: Lights out at the "Pub"

Dennis Williams

That my be just the thing to bring him back. I would take one. Dennis Williams

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 11:48 AM PDT Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC] wrote:

Arved Grass wrote:

Agreed. I'd hoped Carstens would publish the "Essential Freight Car" series as a book. Hopefully someone will take over and do it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Many of the issues with the series were no longer available from Carstens as back-issues, and have "dried up" at used magazine and book vendors like Railpub.com.
It's my understanding that Ted only granted "one-time serial rights" to Carstens, meaning that they only had the rights to use the material once in the magazine. If so, that means that Ted can produce a book if he wishes to do so.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history