Re: The Ephemeral Nature of Modeling

Tom Madden

Bill doesn't do sarcasm particularly well, but his point is well taken. I've been covering the expense of my 3D printing and CAD work very nicely by marketing replacement parts for Branchline heavyweight Pullman kits, which haven't been produced for several years. But there are thousands of them still out there. Sunshine kits are also out there, by the hundreds. It's also unwise to dismiss the possibility of some of Sunshine's kits reappearing, as Bill says, remastered and/or under a different brand.

About half way through RMC's publication of Ted's articles, I decided to scan each one, save them as PDFs, and compile an index in Excel. I refer to them often, and being able to call up any of his articles on my laptop with one click makes them extremely useful. There is so much "technique" embedded in each article that I don't see them becoming obsolete any time soon. Paul Larson and Jack Work have been gone for many moons, but their articles from over half a century ago still contain much of value. I suspect Ted's will, too, 50 years from now.

Tom Madden