Re: Responding personally to a post

John Barry

I had this trouble on HOEX of getting everyone's response posted to the group.  There is now a setting that the Owner/Moderator has to select regarding replies.  It can be to either the sender or to the group.  I had to change it on my sales group to individual senders.  

I believe that STMFC is set the way most of us want for responding to posts. In this case, my response is going to the whole group as with the reply to group set, Yahoo aliases the group address as the reply to, while still allowing us to see who it came from.  From: "Tom VanWormer robsmom@... [STMFC]"  

To reply to the 
 individual when this happens, I click reply then replace the auto generated "TO" with a copy of the individual's address highlighted and copied from the now expanded thread lines below my draft.

Hope this helps.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights

707-490-9696

3450 Palmer Drive, Suite 4224
Cameron Park, CA 95682

To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2014 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Responding personally to a post

note below the original message you can "Reply to Sender" in the box or copy the email address of the sender in the "thecitrusbelt@... in the "wrote" line.
Tom VanWormer
Monument CO

thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] wrote:

This is a problem on all three Yahoo groups I moderate.  It seems to have arrived with the "upgrade" to Neo.
Does anyone have a work-around?

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.