Re: ADMIN: RE: Vintage-Dating Freight Cars With Weathering

A&Y Dave in MD

I have the option of adding an email address to my iOS contacts app, but when I do, the email address is listed as the list address and the person's email is located in the last name field. Clearly Yahoo has work to do on formatting email headers.

Dave Bott

On Aug 24, 2014, at 12:03 PM, "Garth Groff sarahsan@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Jeff and Friends,

I noticed this problem recently on another Yahoo group. I tried to respond personally to a post, and the computer kept forcing the group address on me. I finally started a separate email and pasted in the address from another source. I thought I was doing something wrong. I don't know if this is a Yahoo problem, or is caused  by Thunderbird, but I see I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 8/24/14 11:24 AM, 'Aley, Jeff A' Jeff.A.Aley@... [STMFC] wrote:

Folks,

               I am mystified.  Ben Hom very kindly offered a PDF, and asked people to contact him OFF-LIST.  Very good.

               Mr. Bartek and Mr. Cooper replied, and their replies showed up ON-LIST.  Not so good.

               The strange part is that both Mr. Bartek and Mr. Cooper’s messages are addressed to “Benjamin Hom b.hom@... [STMFC]“, so one would REASONABLY expect that the msg would go directly to Ben.

               It is my judgement that Mr. Bartek and Mr. Cooper acted in good faith, attempting to send their replies off-list.  Their attempts were thwarted by Yahoo!Groups.

               The lesson here is for all of us to be VERY careful when attempting to reply off-list.  You’ll probably have to manually type in the actual email address (b.hom@...) to email Ben directly.  The [STMFC] is a tip-off that the email address is not what it appears.

               This is particularly important for emails that you wish to remain private (e.g. those which criticize the STMFC management).

Regards,

-Jeff Aley

Deputy Moderator, STMFC