Re: Some Kind Of Walkway?

Dave Nelson

Looking again I believe you are correct.  At this time there were no building son the east side of the street at that location.

Dave Nelson

Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:57 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Some Kind Of Walkway?

Are you sure sure the "buildings are on the east side of Michigan Avenue"?  I think they are on the west side.

Roy Wojahn

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:25 PM, "'Dave Nelson' Lake_Muskoka@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

That is correct.  All those tall buildings you see are on the east side of Michigan Ave and behind the photographer is Lake Michigan.  IIRC off to the right is the big beer sign that appears in some of the Delano photos from 1943.

Dave Nelson

Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 5:19 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Some Kind Of Walkway?

The location appears to be the South Water Street market on the east side of downtown Chicago, just south of the Chicago river. The Prudential building (at 42 stories, the tallest building in Chicago when I was a kid) was later built on air rights over part of this, and Millennium Park (home of "the Bean") now occupies the rest. In the background you can see Chicago South Shore & South Bend interurban trains at their Randolf St. terminal.
Dennis Storzek

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.