Re: MKT Sloan yellow box cars

Allan Smith

Sloan Yellow Boxcar Decals Try http://mopac1.tripod.com/oddballs3.htm. Oddball decals has a set for the Sloan Yellow cars. They are very good decals. They also have sets for the Red (white lettering)and Green (yellow Lettering)cars. The old Champ set is HB-1 MKT Yellow Car Black lettering, but probably isn't even available on E-bay.
I have done several Sloan Yellow cars and have found that Floquill Railbox Yellow is as close a match to the MKT yellow as I can find. I don't know if the True Color paint matches the Floquill Railbox Yellow.

Al Smith

On Friday, September 5, 2014 11:02 PM, "tyesac@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Does anyone have any leads I can follow to find out about MKT Sloan yellow box cars, and if any HO decals were ever available for these?  Either the composite O.B. or steel auto cars.

Tom Casey

.