Re: Tahoe trucks w/ semiscale wheels

Mikebrock

John...off group,
No problem. I don't even run steam power with headlights powered. It turns out that commonly steam power did not run with headlights turned on in daylight hours. And, since my signals use ambient light for detection, I can't run during the night. Voila!

Mike Brock

Keep adding electrical components to a layout (DCC lighting in passenger cars, DCC moos in stock cars, DCC FREDS, DCC switches, DCC signals and, now DCC brakes) and you will need 480 VAC, 3 phase @1,000 amps to run a medium size layout! You'll end up drawing more power than the PRR Mainline did from Philly to Paoli!