PLA test

Bill Lane

I wanted to test paint a dud PLA piece I had that was made in a MakerBot. I used Scalecoat 1 and a 20+ year old now banned auto primer. This primer is **lacquer** with lots of smell to it! No problems!

I then put it in my train baking oven to 170 degrees to “bake the paint”. (:->) It mostly survived intact!  I was rather surprised and impressed. I am not sure what would happen to a smaller or thinner walled item though.

Thank You,
Bill Lane

Modeling the Mighty Pennsy & PRSL in 1957 in S Scale since 1987

See my finished models at:
http://www.lanestrains.com
Look at what has been made in PRR in S Scale!

See my layout progress at:

http://www.lanestrains.com/My_Layout.htm

Custom Train Parts Design
http://www.lanestrains.com/SolidWorks_Modeling.htm

PRR Builders Photos Bought, Sold & Traded
(Trading is MUCH preferred)
http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRphotos.xls

***Join the PRR T&HS***
The other members are not ALL like me!
http://www.prrths.com
http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRTHS_Application.pdf

Join the Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines Historical Society
It's FREE to join! http://www.prslhs.com
Preserving The Memory Of The PRSL