Re: HELP Southern Pacific ho scale GS gondola Decals

arved_grass

Paul,

You might want to look at Microscale set 87-1314:

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MD&Product_Code=87-1314&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

Although it's titled "SP 40' Composite Beet Rack Gondolas 1950+ and USGX 1970+," I believe the lettering is accurate for the logo, reporting marks, and car numbers. Other lettering (capacity, dimensions, reweigh, etc.) may have to come from elsewhere (especially if the dimensional data includes the side and end extensions), but this should at least give you the important lettering.

From Rob Sarberenyi via the ESPEE list:

"What's nice about set #1314 is that it replaces the old HO scale Champ Super Set SHS-144 for Espee GS-class gondolas. BTW, the Champ set has been unavailable for years. If you wanted to letter GS gondolas from Detail Associates or Red Caboose, or were lucky to have any of the old Ulrich metal GS gondola kits, and didn't have the Champ decal set, you were pretty much out-of-luck... until now! Besides, Microscale's decal film is 'significantly' thinner than Champ's, making the MS set most welcome."

I ordered the three GS gons Andy Carlson offered last week, and intend to use this set myself. If there's a grave error in this approach, I hope Tony Thompson, Tim O'Connor, or one of the other resident SP gurus chimes in.

Warmest regards,
------------------------
Arved Grass
Fleming Island, Florida

Subject: [STMFC] HELP Southern Pacific ho scale GS gondola Decals
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 29, 2014, 8:34 AM
Hi
 Can anyone help I have
just opened a packet of Champ superset of SP GS gondola
decals and they are 0 scale ( have had them for years and
never checked them ) can any one help I need to decal 6
ho scale GS gons. Many thanks Paul
Doggett England