From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:33 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] WofA war emergency box car

If I have my facts straight, WofA 17423, series 17400-17464, was a WII war emergency box car. On hand is an Intermountain undecorated war emergency box car kit.

My questions are:

Is there a decal source? If no, the remaining questions are moot.

What basic color? I'm not fanatical about exact colors.

Is there a source for a photo? Might be hard to letter otherwise.

Are the basic Intermountain (replaceable) features – roof, door, trucks, hand brake - correct for the WofA car?

Would the WofA war emergency box cars still have had wood sides in 1950?

Gene Green

Out in the Badlands of New Mexico